Meat-free July went quickly. I honestly had no desire for meat until the LAST day. I wanted a Greek Salad with Chicken – something fierce! But the feeling passed or I ignored it. We tried a lot of great recipes and even made up some of our own. Some were amazing and others were…YUCKY! Cooking vegetarian opened my mind to a whole arsenal of recipes otherwise ignored by yours truly. It also made me aware of how much I depend on meat when cooking for my family and how MOST recipes revolve around meat. I was not aware of how much meat I was eating. CRAZY! So I’m curious:
New recipes tried:
- Steel-cut Oat Risotto with Sweet potatoes
- Stuck Pot Rice with Lentils and Pita
- Whole Grain Penne with Broccoli and Kale
- Homemade Bean Burgers
- Vegetarian Pad Thai
- Farmer’s Casserole Mexican Style
- Quinoa with Apricots and Pecans
- Lemon Penne with Root Vegetables
- Mediterranean with Polenta
- Sweet Potato Gnocchi.
I’ve posted a few of them, but I’d be happy to post others if y’all are interested. What is your favorite veggie dish? Share please!