- 2 cups cooking brown rice
- 1/2 cup quick cooking oats
- 1 medium onion
- 1 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup wheat germ
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
1. In large bowl, mix rice, oats, onion, bread crumbs, milk, basil, oregano, red pepper and egg. Shape into 12 balls. Roll balls in wheat germ.
2. In skillet , heat oil over low heat for about 15 minutes.
Don’t worry, I’m your first skeptic. Um, if you want meatballs, make a meatball, if you don’t eat meat….then why would you want a meatball? I don’t know. Seriously. But we are cutting down on meat, as you know, and I’m interested. So I made them, and let me tell you, it was a process! If Q didn’t like them so much I might not make them again.I thought they were OK, Q thought they were excellent and he liked them a lot. For someone watching their weight they were high in calories, but so are meatballs so you can’t compare THAT way. If you want to eat ten meatballs….remind yourself that you did that when you are 13 years old; it is in your past. Eating normal sized portions is something you learn, and I am LEARNING that 2 meatballs IS a serving where in the past I thought 5 meatballs was a serving… Go figure! But I’m making changes and THAT is what eating less meat is all about.
5 days of yoga have been completed and oh am I loving it! I honestly spend my days looking forward to it. I begin SO TIGHT and end so free and flexible! My sleep is improving as well!!! Yesterday I completed a “Yoga for Weight loss” and I didn’t like it as well, BUT I still enjoyed it.