1. Gooner says “bonjour” which is pronounced “bounow” in Gooner French. It is just about the cutest thing ever. At this point that is all the French she’s saying. And oui – which she pronounces in French slang, “way.” I was getting tired of her never saying “yes” so we just switched to the other language spoken in our house, AND it worked like a charm.
2. Whenever we go somewhere folks who were BORN in Africa (black or white) seek Q out to tell him hello, BUT if they are black AMERICANS they NEVER say hello. Unless we are in an inner city where Q may get a “hey bruthu” OR a racist comment since he’s with a white woman – me. Now that we have Gooner, and she’s older, we RARELY get comments. If we DO get comments they are about what a beautiful mixture Gooner is of the two of us. And those comments are fabulous.
3. I REALLY miss Turkish breakfast.
4. I love my marriage to Q.5. Gooner needed a desk since she is now the “Master Colourer.” And yes that IS my yoga mat in the corner. I needed SOMETHING to keep her occupied since doing “upward dog” with Gooner sitting on my tailbone was SUPER difficult.
6. Colorado is SUPER casual. In Texas you had to be all “done up” in order to leave the house and HERE yoga pants are completely acceptable. I am not comfortable wearing Yoga pants to the store. I had wide hips BEFORE Gooner, I DEFINITELY have wide hips now. It is just the way it is, and I’m ok with that, but NOT in yoga pants.
7. Gooner is taking 2 naps a day REGULARLY. You say AWESOME…right? Um no. It is because our neighbor above us wakes up SUPER early for work and slams his doors in the morning. He wakes her up and that annoys me. But because she wakes up so early she takes a morning nap at 8:30 or 9:00 AM. Saweeeeeeeeeeet!
8. And I’m still loving this Merry Christmas!